Air Conditioning Installation
Air conditioning can keep your environment cool and comfortable during the hottest days in the year. However, installing them can be very expensive, especially if you want to cool a large home or commercial space. It’s vital to choose the right installation contractor to handle the job to ensure you get maximum utility and life out of the system.
Kalka Heating and Air provides excellent air conditioning installation services at Laguna Hills, Anaheim, Irvine, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Rancho Santa Margarita, Tustin, Yorba Linda, Aliso Viejo, and Cotto De Caza. If you want a reliable service, don’t hesitate to contact them.
Why is Proper Installation Important?
Air conditioning installation isn’t a DIY project because it requires considerable amount of skill. These systems are complex and sophisticated so they require careful installation. Here are some reasons why you need to hire a professional for the job:
- Poor installation can damage your property as well as the new air conditioning system.
- Bad wiring and installation can also be a health hazard and can lead to accidents. A professional installer would handle the wiring carefully and make sure there are no loose ends.
- Poorly installed air conditioners don’t cool as efficiently and bad duct systems can lead to air leaks.
- Improper installation can be a financial burden as well, because your air conditioning system would have to work harder to provide the desired results. The system would consume more energy, which would lead to more expensive utility bills.
Things to Consider Before Installation
If you hire the right AC installation contractor, you won’t have to worry about spending more than you need to because they’ll provide honest and unbiased advice. Nevertheless, it pays to be well informed so here are some things you need to consider before the installation:
- Cost – Professional installations can cost an average of $5,000. The actual cost would depend on the size of your property and the capacity of the system. You need to get a detailed estimate from the contractor that includes everything from the unit size and installation costs to the duct work, etc.
- Ductwork – If you have ductwork installed, it’s a good idea to get it inspected thoroughly before you add a new air conditioner to your property. Gaps and leaks in the ductwork would compromise the system’s efficiency.
- Size – The size of the system depends on the size of your property. You can find general guidelines about the sizes online but it’s a good idea to get a professional opinion. If the system is too big or too much, it can be a burden.
- Placement – You need to determine where you’ll store the outdoor unit of your air conditioning system. Condensers should be placed in relatively cool and shaded areas so they don’t overheat.
You also need to consider the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio or SEER. Higher SEER numbers are an indication of an efficient system.
It’s a good idea to hire well-established companies like Kalka Heating and Air to get the best AC installation and repair because they have experience in the industry and would provide high quality service.